Scroll to the bottom of this page to see my live Twitter feed with links to timely parent articles!
Students still have access to me during hybrid/remote learning!
Please have them use their school email to contact me to set up a virtual appointment apt. Parents are welcome to contact me too!
*I have office hours M, T, Th, F from 2-3pm for students. Here is the live link:
**Virtual Kindness Club for 4th/5th graders meets Wednesdays from 12-12:30pm at this link:
Looking for some cool down or break strategies? Check out these printable self-regulation tool cards from Sound Discipline.
Covid-19 Parent Resources:
Mrs. Garcia Faber
Hello! I am the Elementary School Counselor at Manzanita! I am here full time & work with students, teachers, & parents K-5.
I'd love to connect with you!
What is my role as School Counselor?
Great question because I wear many hats! I...
- am the site coordinator for all 504 Accommodation Plans
- teach whole group classroom lessons on social/emotional learning weekly during each special's rotation (SEL/STEM rotation)
- facilitate small groups (ex. New Student grps, Changing Families grps, etc.)
- see students individually to talk about challenges & changes at home, with friendships, with feelings, & academics. Students can be parent, teacher, or self referred
- coordinate & oversee the Student Study (Intervention) Team
-am the coordinator for our Ben's Bells Kind Campus program
My philosophy is that in order for a child to reach their full potential in the classroom, they first must be emotionally thriving individuals. Only when they are able to grow into healthy, happy young humans are they able to fully flourish and reach their best academic success.