Scroll to the bottom of this page to see my live Twitter feed with links to timely parent articles!
Mrs. Garcia Faber
Hello! I am the Elementary School Counselor at Manzanita! I am on-site full time & work with students, teachers, & parents K-5.
I'd love to connect with you!
What is my role as School Counselor?
Great question because I wear many hats! I...
- am the site coordinator for all 504 Accommodation Plans
- teach whole group classroom lessons on social/emotional development
- facilitate small groups (ex. New Student grps, Changing Families grps, etc.)
- see students individually to talk about challenges & changes at home, with friendships, with feelings, & academics. Students can be parent, teacher, or self referred
- coordinate & oversee the Student Study (Intervention) Team
-am the coordinator for our Ben's Bells Kind Campus program
My philosophy is that in order for a child to reach their full potential in the classroom, they first must be emotionally thriving individuals. Only when they are able to grow into healthy, happy young humans are they able to fully flourish and reach their best academic success.